BAL12.5 "NEW STANDARD" IDEAL FOR BUSHFIRE EMBER ATTACK…
Since the tragic bush fi res that ripped through Victoria, the government has introduced a new residential building standard. All new homes built or renovated in Australia must undergo a bush fi re attack level (BAL) assessment. All building approvals issued in designated bushfi re prone zones MUST build to BAL12.5 standards as a minimum requirement. All building inspectors now inspect all fi tted roof fl ashings and can refuse approval if a non BAL rated fl ashing is used.
Dektite® Pre Roofmounts are available in Black, Grey EPDM or Red Silicone.
Black-EPDM will withstand constant temperatures at the roofline of -50°C (-58°F) to 115°C (239°F) and up to 150°C (302°F) intermittently.
Red Silicone will withstand constant temperatures at the roofline of -50°C (-58°F) to 200°C (392°F) and up to 250°C (482°F) intermittently.
Please Note: That the outside temperature of the pipe may be significantly different to the exit temperature of the appliance.
- More Flexible sizing for better coverage
- Low profile base with watershed sleeve which improves water run off and protects silicone sealant
- Larger square base will cover a larger opening so more forgiving for penetration openings and allows for steeper roof pitch
- Unique cone design provides 10mm (½") continuous contact with flashed pipe providing a watertight seal
- Clear markings in metric and imperial measurements makes for easier cutting to pipe size
- Size Ranges - Numbers 0-9 available in Black, Grey EPDM and Red Siliconeon request